Unit Seven Schools has made the decision that February parent-teacher conferences will be held virtually this fall. Parent-teacher conference night is February 25, 2021 from 3:00-9:30 pm. UJHS is offering virtual team meetings at each grade. We believe that this will provide an efficient means of optimizing conference time for parents who want to meet with more than one teacher at a grade level.
If you wish to sign up for the team meeting option, please visit www.ujhs.com. The Parent-Teacher Conference link is listed under Parent Resources. Please use the sign up by 4:00 pm on Friday, February 12. You will be sent a Google Meets invitation via your email on February 22 from Mrs. Fitzgerald if you choose the virtual team meeting option. Beginning February 16, parents who wish to schedule a phone conference time with an individual teacher only may do so by directly emailing teachers. Teachers will then return the email with a designated time for a phone conference on February 25 during the 3:00 pm-9:30 pm time frame.
Here are some recommended options for conference night that you can use to guide your decision about what your conference needs are for supporting your child.
Virtual team meeting:
1. Parent has information to share about academic, medical, and/or social/emotional information with multiple staff.
2. Student is experiencing adjustment issues at a particular grade level.
3. Student is underperforming in all classes; a problem solving approach is needed.
1. Need for a conversation with a specific teacher.
2. Problem solve concerns about performance or adjustment to a specific class.
3. Ask content or curricular questions.
1. General check in with teacher(s).
2. Opportunity to provide information that doesn’t require a conversation.
Opt out of parent-teacher conference night:
1. No specific concerns or questions at this time.
2. Already in regular communication with my student’s teachers.